I am a nutritional scientist (M. Sc.) and food scientist (B. Sc.) who has a great interest in healthy ingredients and recipes. I love experimenting in the kitchen and making healthy dinners or sweets for myself, my family and my friends. Most of the things that I work with on regular basis are:
– Nutrition consultation: diabetes, allergies, overweight/obesity, gastrointestinal problems, eczema and various skin problems
– Assist with children and food and how to get children to like and eat healthier food
– Assist and teach anyone and everyone to get and eat nutritious food, everything from babies to athletes
– Calculate nutritional and energy values in recipes for restaurants and recipe books
– Recipe development, menu development and product development – using mainly healthy, fresh and preferably organic ingredients
If you like to get in touch or if you have any questions then please e-mail me at email@example.com.
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Food Science from the University of Iceland | Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Human Nutrition from the University of Copenhagen | Master’s Thesis: The role of the Microbiota and Diet in Chemotherapy-induced Mucositis. It showed a deeper knowledge of the role of microbiota and diet in piglets with chemotherepy-induced mucositis. Furthermore, it demonstrated the levels of bacteria present in piglets with gastrointestinal (GI) mucositis compared to healthy piglets, fed either colostrum or milk formula, where colostrum seemed to help keeping healthier microbiota in the piglets with GI mucositis | Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN), Licensed Dietitian Nutiritionist (LDN) and Certified Food Scientist (CFS).
Gló Danmark: Kitchen manager responsible for production and quality control
The Parker Institute, Danmark: Research assistant at the Research Unit for Dietary Studies (EEK)
Eldum rétt, an ingredient-and-recipe meal kit service, Iceland: Nutritionist responsible for e.g. recipe development, calculating nutritional information, food allergen labeling and food photography
Alþingi, the national parliament of Iceland: Cook and nutritionist at the Icelandic Parliament canteen
Matís, Food and biotech R&D company, Iceland: Research assistant at the Sensory Evaluation Department
Birgitta Lind Vilhjálmsdóttir
Samstarf með heilsu|lind?
Endilega hafðu samband ef þér dettur eitthvað sniðugt samstarf í hug eða vilt fá aðstoð við að bæta góðri næringu inn í mataræðið þitt.